I have enjoyed sharing my journey through yet another pregnancy on my blog and social media channels. The days are nearing and as we are preparing for baby even more so I put together a diaper bag checklist for your first outing. I remember with my first couple, I basically brought the entire nursery of “needs” – now as baby five is soon to be arriving, that list has dwindled down to my essentials.
Diaper Bag Checklist from the Mom of Soon to be 5
- Diaper Bag – A diaper bag that works for YOU, holds your needs, looks cute and isn’t overly bulky that you can’t stand to have it on your arm. You’ll be using it a lot over the next year or so, might as well have one you love. I’m currently planning to use the MK Wallace Diaper Bag this time around.
- Diapers & Wipes- Depending on your outing, you may need more or less. Choose the diapers that work for you and your little one. We’ve used just about all brands and even did cloth for two of our children. It’s not what others are using, but what works for you & trust me, after experimenting with a few brands you’ll find what’s best for your babies delicate newborn skin.
- Diaper Cream – We’ve tried a lot in this area as well. What’s settled in my drawer for the past several years has been the Boudreaux’s Butt Paste, & we plan to use this again with this baby. I’m excited to their the All Natural this time around as we’ve stuck with the ointment and the maximum strength for when we had older ones in diapers & the original in the past. (Keep reading for more)
- Clothing – It never fails baby will have a blow out (as we like to call it) make sure you bring at least two changes for baby depending on the length of your outing.
- Baby Carrier – I’m a huge fan of baby wearing and do not leave the house without at least one baby carrier. Either a wrap or soft structured carrier depending on the age of my child.
- Nursing Cover – If you’re a breastfeeding mom, sometimes a cover can make you feel more comfortable. Especially in the early stages when you’re still getting the hang of it, or in the later stages when your little one loves to put on a show.
- Blanket – A blanket or two… I use them for everything to be perfecting honest. Need a quick diaper cover while you grab for more of what you need, something to cover baby in, uh-oh.. spit up, throw it over the car seat, the list goes on and on. Carry at least one with you at all times for all your basic needs.
- Diaper Mat – I’m on and off with these but the more I’m out and about with older children the more I love them. You never know WHERE you’re going to have to change your wee one and better to be on a clean surface… then again look back to the blanket if you don’t have one.
Just a few of my essentials when it comes to preparing for baby and a diaper bag checklist. Rule #1 though, don’t get stressed out, it’ll all work out and you can make due with what you have until you can make a mad dash for the store or get home for what you need.
I wanted to bring back a little more on the Boudreaux’s Butt Paste because it was finally the diaper cream we settled on after we had our first two. It was actually recommended to me in my mother’s group as a product with safe and simple ingredients, but I was hesitant to use it at first, once I did though, it quickly became a favorite with it’s fast relief. Why am I recommending it to you? We really like that it doesn’t have harsh ingredients (paraben-, preservative, and phthalate-free, and contains no artificial fragrances) and it really does it kicks diaper rash fast. Available in three types.. The Original Butt Paste, Maximum Strength (both we’ve used and loved) and the All Natural which is in my baby pile to try out first with the new one.
What would you add when preparing for baby and your diaper bag checklist? I’d love to know, as I’m always open to trying something new.
Have you ever tried Boudreaux’s Butt Paste?
WIN! One Momma in Flip Flops reader will win a Package of Butt Paste Products. Enter through the form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway