- I’m on the go A LOT.
- I might have early on set alzheimers… or maybe it’s that I have five children & a husband draining every bit of anything I have… but the point is I FORGET.
Free Parent Child Agreement Contract to help when your children start using a smart phone or mobile device.
With all that said, let me get to my point. There are actual apps and devices that can help you monitor your home from your mobile device while on the go. Thought you turned all the lights off & shut the garage… don’t worry, there’s a device and an app for that. Need to turn down the thermostat or check what’s happening when not there.. oh yea, you can! Here’s the kicker, start a cup of coffee while in bed or maybe before you get back from your morning run.. all from your mobile device. That’s right… and here’s how…
- With U.S. Cellular’s Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Opener, turn off the lights or close the garage door while on the go. Once the garage door is shut, set the alarm using remote monitoring that pairs with your home security system, using a resource such as Alarm.com.
- Nest Cam, now available at U.S. Cellular, the whole house can be monitored from any of the latest devices such as iPhone 6+. With the Night Vision feature on Nest Cam, it’s possible to keep an eye on things when it’s dark. Also, with the option of a Nest Secure subscription, users can record up to 30 days of video and keep it safely in the cloud.
- Managing the temperature at home from the palm of your hand with the Nest Thermostat, also available at U.S. Cellular. Whether away on vacation or gone for a long day at work, the thermostat can be adjusted from a smartphone and help drastically save money by cutting down on energy usage, especially when the house is empty.
- Begin making a cup of joe before even getting out of bed by using the Mr. Coffee Smart Optimal Brew Coffeemaker enabled with WeMo. No need to worry about safety, as the coffeemaker can also be shut off after leaving the house from a smartphone or tablet.
- A substantial, hot dinner can be ready right when you arrive home by using the Crock-Pot Smart Slow Cooker with WeMo, which enables users to set the timer or adjust the setting from any smartphone.
If you’re one of the 91% of smartphone owners who rarely leave their home without their smartphone then these products would be great for you. Keep track of everything (well, maybe not EVERYTHING) but at least some of it, right from your mobile device. Make life easier, because you have enough on your plate.
What do you use to keep everything in order and make life easier?